Any health education teacher who meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria below may be nominated for this award.
- Current membership in INSHAPE.
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience.
- Degree and certification in teaching.
- Full time teaching at time of application submission and selection.
- Minimum of 50% of total job responsibilities is teaching health education at K-12 level.
The applicant must be a teacher who:
- Leadership in developing and implementing or directing/coordinating effective health education/promotion programs.
- Volunteer service to local, state, district or national level organizations or at the school or community levels.
- Service to local, state or national professional associations/organizations.
- Evidence of meritorious professional activity in at least three (3) of the following: innovative teaching, publications, presentations, funded research or programs, special projects, or other health related activities
Complete online application by April 1, 2018 ApplyApplication requires one (1) letter of recommendation from applicant's principal or colleague. The letter should be directly related to the award criteria.
Selection and Recognition Process:
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by June 1.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
- Award recipient is expected to present a session at the State Conference the following year.
Previous Award Recipents
|2013||Heidi Dawn Stan|
|2006||Katherine Nalley Schembrais|
For more information, contact:
Franklin Central High School