Any INSHAPE professional who meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria below may be nominated for this award.
- Current member in INSHAPE.
- Preparation in one or more areas of professional concern of the Association, and
- Minimum of ten years professional experience in HPERD and/or allied areas.
The applicant must be an individual who:
- Is an active member of the Association and highly regarded by his/her professional peers,
- Has served professionally in school, community, and/or college/university programs, and
- Exemplifies the spirit of devoted service to the profession and who has by his/her leadership made significant advances to health, physical education, recreation, dance, and allied areas in the state. The following are some illustrations of professional leadership. It is not expected that the nominee will have contributed in all illustrated areas:
a. Member of the Board or Directors of the INSHAPE,
b. Chair of a committee of the Association,
c. Distinctive leadership while holding office in the Association,
d. Outstanding service with the Association or with an organization promoting the same general objectives as the Association over a period of years, and/or e. Significant contribution through leadership outside the normal framework of the Association (i.e., general education, public health, government, etc.) that reflects favorable on our profession.
Complete online application by April 1, 2018 ApplyApplication requires one (1) letter of recommendation from applicant's principal or colleague. The letter should be directly related to the award criteria.
Selection and Recognition Process:
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by June 1.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
- Award recipient is expected to present a session at the State Conference the following year.
Previous Award Recipents
|1996||Norma Jean Johnson|
|1993||Doreen St. Clair|
|1974||Elinore St. John|
|1971||Emma Jane Gardner|
For more information, contact:
Franklin Central High School