Any female in health, physical education, recreation, dance (HPERD), and/or sport who meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria below may be nominated for this award.
- Current membership in INSHAPE,
- Membership in the National Association for Girls and Women in Sports (NAGWS),
- Must be at least 30 years of age, and
- Minimum of five years as a teacher and/or supervisor in HPERD.
The applicant must be an individual who:
- Advocates, recruits, and enhances opportunities for girls and women in sport and sport leadership,
- Supports equity in sports - equal funding, quality, and respect for girls' and women's sports, and
- Has made significant contributions to girls and women in sport.
Complete online application by April 1, 2018 ApplyApplication requires one (1) letter of recommendation from applicant's principal or colleague. The letter should be directly related to the award criteria.
Selection and Recognition Process:
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by June 1.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
- Award recipient is expected to present a session at the State Conference the following year.
Previous Award Recipents
For more information, contact:
Franklin Central High School