Any recreation/leisure professional who meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria below may be nominated for this award.
- Current membership in INSHAPE,
- Currently involved in recreation leadership pursuits, and
- Minimum of five years professional experience in recreation/leisure.
The applicant must be an individual who:
- Exhibits outstanding and creative leadership in the recreation profession or as an innovative leisure educator at the college/university level,
- Delivers speeches, scholarly presentations, consultations, and/or demonstrations at workshops and/or conferences,
- Has made a significant contribution in the area of recreation/leisure in various areas such as publications and service on state committees, and
- Demonstrates a vitality of contemporary and future - centered leisure thought and theory.
Complete online application by April 1, 2018 ApplyApplication requires one (1) letter of recommendation from applicant's principal or colleague. The letter should be directly related to the award criteria.
Selection and Recognition Process:
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by June 1.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
- Award recipient is expected to present a session at the State Conference the following year.
Previous Award Recipents
|2003||J. Matt Rota-Autry|