Any individual who meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria below may be nominated for this award. Examples include, but are not limited to: Community Leaders, Media Leaders, Medical Personnel, Military Personnel, School Administrators, and Special Agency Personnel.
- Not be a member of INSHAPE, and
- Be at least 40 years of age (as of October 15 of the year of nomination submission).
The nominee must be an individual who has made important contributions to health education, physical education, recreation, dance, and/or sport from the vantage point of his/her profession (i.e., general education, government, medicine, public health, etc.).
Nominations from the individual's sponsor (primary nominator) must be submitted by April 1, 2018 NominateNominator provides a biographical sketch outlining the contributions of the nominee and how those contributions are deserving of recognition.
Selection and Recognition Process:
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by June 1.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
Previous Award Recipents
|2010||C'Motion and Jason Meier|
|2000||Mary Pat Leonard|
|1982||Governor Otis R. Bowen|
|1981||George and Mildred Dikan|
|1980||Senator Richard Lugar|
|1980||W. David Kenney|
|1970||Richard Tim Phillips|
|1969||Jean Lee Marvin|
|1968||Newell C. Kephart|
|1966||Elizabeth Noland Jackson|
For more information, contact:
Franklin Central High School