Any undergraduate student studying health, physical education, recreation, dance (HPERD), and/or allied areas that meets the eligibility requirements and exemplifies the criteria bel ow may be nominated for this award.
- Current student member of INSHAPE,
- Attending a college or university in the state at the time of nomination, and
- Declaring an undergraduate major in an academic department offering professional preparation curriculum in HPERD and/or allied area content.
The applicant must be an individual who:
- Serves as a positive role model epitomizing personal health and enjoyment of physical activity ,
- Displays distinctive leadership to the profession (i.e., college or university student organization, Association activities),
- Exhibits meritorious service to the profession (i.e., community, college or university, Association), and
- Participates in professional development opportunities (i.e., attends and/or presents at meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.).
Complete online application by April 1, 2018 ApplyApplication requires one (1) letter of recommendation from applicant's faculty. The letter should be directly related to the award criteria.
Selection and Recognition Process:
- The Awards Committee will select one award recipient from the pool of qualified applicants.
- Applicants will be notified by June 1.
- The award will be presented at the State Conference in November.
- Award recipient is expected to present a session at the State Conference the following year.
Previous Award Recipents
|1995||Jennifer Renee Murrell|
|1993||Jennifer Jo Lochner|
|1985||Ann Marie Wilson|
For more information, contact:
Franklin Central High School