The committee's mission is to advocate for healthy lifestyles by providing leadership and professional development opportunities that increase knowledge and sound professional practices. The committee serves to support legislative action, collaborate with like-minded associations, and communicate best practices.
- Support key advocacy initiatives and public relations efforts in the areas of health, physical education, recreation, and dance at the state level.
- Raise awareness among the membership of legislative affairs that impact health, physical education, recreation, and dance.
- Collaborate with other health and physical activity organization (e.g., American Heart Association) toward the promotion of healthly lifestyles.
- Assist association professions at the grassroots level by offering advocacy resources and support.
- Coordinate advocacy-focused programming at the annual state conference and regional workshops.
|Name||Twitter Handle||Organization||Role (term ends)|
|Cassie Brooks||Brooks01CL||Brownsburg Middle School||Chair (11/2019)|
|Eric Beers||@ericwbeers||Indiana Healthy Weight Initiative||Member (11/2019)|
|Chris Berg||@1WORLDPE||Tippecanoe Valley Schools||Member (11/2019)|
|Lindsay Carl||@lncarl||Franklin Central High School||Member (11/2018)|
|Leslie Dillon||Daniel Hale Williams Elem School||Member (11/2019)|
|Rich Frey||Lakeland High School||Member (11/2019)|
|Alyssa Jackson||@alyjaxn||Eagle Elementary ZCS||Member (11/2019)|
|Brian Lonneman||Dixie Bee Elementary||Member (11/2019)|
|Hilary Machemer||@HMachemer||Carmel Middle School||Member (11/2018)|
|Kayla Negley||@MES_PhysEd||Mount Vernon Community Schools||Member (11/2019)|
|Reese Emery Ryzewski||@emery_ryzewski||Highland High School||Member (11/2019)|
|Tyler Staup||@MrStaupsPE||Perry Worth Elementary School||Member (11/2019)|
|Deborah Torrance||@Mrs_Torrance||Stonegate Elementary School||Member (11/2018)|
|Lizz Ulrich||Frankfort High School||Member (11/2019)|
|Heidi Stan||@stanimalHeidi||Riverside Junior High School||Sponsor (11/2018)|
For more information, contact: