Indiana’s AHPERD Secondary council will empower Indiana’s Physical Educators to lead all students towards mastery in physical education/wellness knowledge, skill and participating a lifelong healthy lifestyle.
Indiana’s AHPERD Secondary council will lead Indiana’s Physical Educators in relevant, rigorous lessons that focus on National Standards. Regardless of the lesson, emphasis of each lesson will be on physical, social, emotion, cooperative, and work ethic. Physical Educators will continually strive to connect their school and community to create a motivated and positive climate for all students to show personal growth.
- Bring Secondary Physical Educators together to share, inspire and support each other.
- Provide continual education and professional development to Indiana Physical Educators.
- Continually strive to unite community and schools for the betterment of all students.
- Bring awareness to modern needs to the profession.
- Determine the top needs of professionals in the Council's area of expertise.
- Develop an annual professional development plan.
- Plan programming for the state conference. Solicit presenters and ensure presentation proposals are submitted on time.
- Plan and implement professional development opportunities outside of the state conference as appropriate.
- Contribute articles for publication in Association communications.
- Maintain a current and robust set of professional development resources on the Council's dedicated page on the Association's web site.
- Nominate a slate of award candidates in the Council's area of expertise.
|Name||Twitter Handle||Organization||Role (term ends)|
|Jill Berry||Hamilton Southeastern Schools||Chair (11/2018)|
|Cindy DeWitt||Retired, Zionsville High School||Member (11/2019)|
|Jeff Johnson||Hamilton Southeastern Schools||Member (11/2017)|
|Joy Debaun||@DCHSPE||Decatur Central High School||Member (11/2017)|
|Dawn Elms||Lafayette School Corporation||Member (11/2017)|
|Justin Marshall||Evansville Vanderburgh Schools||Member (11/2019)|
|Lisa Pawlik||Penn High School||Member (11/2019)|
|Adam Rice||Lafayette School Corporation||Member (11/2017)|
|Gary Lemke||Interactive PE||Sponsor (11/2018)|
For more information, contact: