The Council is responsible for the ongoing professional development of members who use technology in health and physical education.
- Determine the top needs of professionals in the Council's area of expertise.
- Develop an annual professional development plan.
- Plan programming for the state conference. Solicit presenters and ensure presentation proposals are submitted on time.
- Plan and implement professional development opportunities outside of the state conference as appropriate. Under consideration for 2017-2018:
- We would like to do a web chats, find resources to push out via email/social media, links to resources, etc.
- Webinars: Gopher, SHAPE America, PE central, SPARK, Record
- Training at Colleges/Universities for PE professionals and do satellite locations.
- As technology council members we can be available to visit other schools to help assist in their class.
- Contribute articles for publication in Association communications.
- Maintain a current and robust set of professional development resources on the Council's dedicated page on the Association's web site.
- Nominate a slate of award candidates in the Council's area of expertise.
|Name (Tech Ambassador)||Twitter Handle||Organization||Role (term ends)|
|Maria Hallman||@maria_hallman||DeKalb High School||Chair (11/2018)|
|Margaret Lion||@MMLion||Indiana University||Member (11/2017)|
|Mike McCarthy||Sheridan High School||Member (11/2017)|
|Kristi Serra (Nearpod)||@Phys_Ed_Teacher||St. Mary Cathedral School||Member (11/2017)|
|Diane Hearn (Polar)||@tandity||Seeger Memorial High School||Associate (11/2017)|
|Andrew Eberline||Ball State University||Associate (11/2017)|
|Gary Lemke||Interactive PE||Sponsor (11/2018)|
For more information, contact: