|The Finance Director is an appointed, voting member of the Board of Directors.|
|The Past President shall oversee the Finance Director.|
- Length: The term of office is up to two years commencing on the day after the annual conference held in odd numbered years.
- Limit: The Finance Director may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
|The Finance Director shall submit reports to the Secretary 10 days prior to date of each Board Meeting and upon request.|
|The Finance Director shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Finance Director to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new Finance Director can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.|
- Serve on the Board of Directors. Attend Executive Committee Meetings as requested by the Past President.
- Advise the Board of Directors on all financial matters.
- Formulate and recommend a balanced budget for consideration by the Board of Directors at the meeting prior to the start of each fiscal year.
- Develop an investment policy, review current investments, and establish guidelines to evaluate investment performance.
- Make ongoing recommendations in regards to investments. The recommendations shall provide for a maximum amount of income and growth with the minimum amount of investment risk.
- Determine feasibility and if necessary recommend policies related to mileage reimbursement and travel reimbursement (hotel, airfare, meals) for Association business.
- Recommend policies to the dispersement of funds for grants, scholarships, and other contributions made on behalf of the association.
- Determine feasibility and if necessary recommend policies related to payment of substitute teachers for members who find it necessary to act in an official capacity during a school day.
- Submit financial reports to the Board of Directors at each Board of Directors meeting and upon request.
- Submit an annual report to the Secretary by September 1.
- Perform duties as requested by the Past President.