|The Council for Future Professionals (CFP) is a standing committee of the Association. The council is responsible for the creation and implementation of programs to advance the professional development of all student members of the Association.|
|The President-Elect shall oversee the committee.|
|The Committee consists of a Chair, a minimum of three (3) General Members, and the Sponsor (Association President-Elect). A person may only be a General Member of one committee/council at a time but may serve as an Associate member on multiple committees/councils. |
IV. Committee Chair
|The Committee Chair shall be chosen by vote of the Executive Committee from nominees submitted by the President-Elect. The Committee Chair serves as an ex officio, voting member of the Board of Directors.|
- Length: The term of office is up to two years commencing on the day after the annual conference.
- Expiration: Each year, the term of up to half of the Committee General Members shall expire.
- Limit: The Committee Chair and General Members may not serve more than two consecutive terms. Active Associate Member may remain on the Commitee indefinitely.
|The Faculty Advisor shall submit an annual report to the Past President by September 1. The Faculty Advisor shall also submit updates to the Secretary as requested throughout the year.|
|The CFP President and Faculty Advisor shall meet with his/her respective successors as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Committee Chair to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new President and Faculty Advisor can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.|
- The CFP Faculty Advisor and CFP President shall attend all required Association meetings.
- The CFP President serve as a liaison between the Board of Directors and student members of the Council for Future Professionals.
- The CFP President shall convene the CFP Program Council at the annual Leadership Conference to develop plans for the year.
- The CFP President shall identify at least one student member per University/College to serve as council members.
- The CFP President shall convene the council at the annual Leadership Conference to develop plan for the year.
- The CFP Faculty Advisor and CFP President shall plan programming for the state conference.
- The CFP Faculty Advisor and CFP President shall mentor council members to develop future leadership.
- The CFP Faculty Advisor and CFP President shall perform duties as requested by the Past President.
- The CFP Faculty Advisor and CFP President shall convene the committee in-person and/or electronically as necessary.
- The CFP Faculty Advisor shall assign council members to serve as presiders at the various program sessions.
- The CFP Faculty Advisor shall work with each Indiana University/College staff to maintain a database of eligible student members.
- The CFP Faculty Advisor shall coordinate contact with students regarding conference, conventions, scholarships, Outstanding Student Award, and other related activities.