|The President-Elect is an elected officer of the Assoication.|
|The President shall oversee the President-Elect.|
|One year commencing on the day after the annual conference.|
|The President-Elect shall submit an annual report to the Secretary by September 1. |
|The President-Elect shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new President-Elect to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new President-Elect can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.|
- Assume duties of the President in case of absence, resignation, incapacitation, or death.
- Serve as a voting member on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the work and operations of following Committees: Advocacy, Awards/Scholarships, and Council for Future Professionals.
- Maintain a list of potential candidates to serve as Committee Chairs.
- Nominate Chairs to the assigned Committees for approval by the Executive Committee. Ensure all Committees are adequately staffed.
- Review the Constitution, Bylaws, and Operating Codes. Work with the Secretary to maintain up-to-date documents. Present proposed changes to Board of Directors as necessary.
- Act as Conference Co-Chair with the Past President.
- Mentor future Association leaders.
- Contribute regularly to all Association publications.
- Attend the National Leadership Development Conference.
- Develop theme and initiatives to implement during term as President.
- Plan and execute award/scholarship recognition programs at the state conference.
- Invite all award/scholarship recipients to attend appropriate recognition opportunities during the state conference.
- Work with the Awards Committee to determine presenters of award/scholarship recipients.
- Submit an annual report of leadership activities conducted throughout the year to the Secretary by September 1.
- Provide the incoming President-Elect with a copy of all files pertinent to the President-Elect’s duties. This should take place at the state conference or within two weeks of rotating out of the office.
- Perform duties as requested by the President.